[Shotimes] 76mm MAF with 19# injector calibration?

Gary cohiba79@earthlink.net
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:39:19 -0700

The reason I want to try is because I have a brand new 76mm with the 19#
sample tube that I got for a $20 (No, I can't get any more for that price,
sorry).  No, this isn't my first mod, and I would agree with you that the
MAF should not be the first mod. FWIW, I have never tried the Pro-M becuase
I don't want to pay their prices, and I have heard issues with them not
lasting too long in extreme weather conditions, and Colorado has quite a lot
of weather fluctuation.  I have done significant amount of testing and
tweaking to a 80mm MAF that I used to have on my ATX (D4U1).  I never did
get it to work quite right with the MTX (X2J).  Determined it to be a
computer problem, and not just unique to my vehicle, we tested a couple
X2J/LPM/MAF combos and had the same problems.  Anyway, I don't think the
calibration is questionable... I do think that all C&L 76mm MAFs with 19#
sample tubes are going to give near exact same numbers on a flow bench.  I
just want to have those flow bench numbers so I can make some predictions as
to how my vehicle will react.  I still havn't heard back from C&L about
acquiring their test results, but I'll post when (if) I do.

Don: Yes, Ted Breaux has done all my LPM programming, and I've been very
satisfied with his service.

Gary
http://users.superford.org/cohiba