[Shotimes] one more question about 0 degrees BTDC

masho95@attbi.com masho95@attbi.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:32:26 +0000

oh great then all would be fine and dandy if the belt
was still on and all the marks lined up right? but when
i removed the timing belt the left cam sprocket moved
on me..  so i think i had moved the cam sprocket back
to the 12 position after i had the belt on which was at
the point i realized it had moved.  but i removed the
belt and placed all the marks in they're correct
position.  so i think my question is really, If the
belt is off and the cam sprockets and crankshaft all at
their correct positions, does it matter if they had
made any movement?  i think what i need to do is take
everything apart again.. verify cyl. 1 is at tdc and
then reset the marks.  does this sound correct?