[Shotimes] Ford Sport Sedans (or lack thereof) was: another loss

Kevin M. Bisch kevin624@bellatlantic.net
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:45:40 -0400

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Ron on this. Ford's lineup right now is
miserable in this department. Four SUV's and not one decent performance
sedan???? WTF??

I'll be graduating college next year and I intend to buy a 4-door sports
car, like the SHO. I wish, I wish that Ford would drop a SHO engine in the
current Taurus... personally, I love the body style and they have some
great paint colors now. I'm holding my breath that the Ford 500 will have
some sort of performance engine option. Why not a Taurus SVT?? This just
doesn't make sense to me.

The Marauder is too big for my taste, the Focus SVT is too small, and the
insurance on a Mustang is atrocious here in the city...  and the stangs
aren't nearly as practical as the SHO. I could buy an LS V8, but I can't
justify spending that kind of money on a car that isn't exactly what I
want. The WRX is a decent option, but I'm a loyal Ford buyer and it would
kill me to drive another brand, especially an import.

The way things look right now, I'll be keeping the '93 SHO, trading in my
'97 GL for a '99 SHO and holding tight with those two until something
better comes along.

--Kevin