[Shotimes] Changing strut mounts and bearings

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:24:21 -0500

You might be able to get the strut/spring/mount assembly out of the knuckle
without compressors.  Even with Eibachs I find it easier to separate the
strut from the knuckle if I use compressors.

The moment of truth comes when you remove the nut at the top of the strut.
Eibachs are tall enough to launch the mount.

Joseph van Oss

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul L Fisher" <sho@paul-fisher.com>
To: "TechSHO" <TechSHO@topica.com>; "SHOTimes" <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 8:30 AM
Subject: [Shotimes] Changing strut mounts and bearings

Does anyone know if I really need a spring compressor or are the Eibach's
short enough that I can do without. I know Autozone will loan me one, it's
just last time I used them there wasn't enough room to compress them while
they were still on the knuckle. I want to do this as fast as possible.

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 166K Build date 11/18/1992
- K&N Panel filter, Tokico Struts, Eibach Springs, Dynomax cat-back, Holley
190lph fuel pump, FPS rebuilt ATX, 26mm rear sway bar, Performance-Plus
Stainless Steel Y-pipe, Delrin sub-frame bushings, Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
oil, Amsoil Synthetic ATF.
'00 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L V8 AWD Oxford White Clearcoat 34K Build date
11/19/1999
- Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 oil, K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit
'96 Saturn SL2 Silver Plum 5 spd 123K
- Amsoil Synthetic ATF, K&N Panel Filter, Magnecor 7mm Electrosports 70
Ignition Cables

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm