[Shotimes] RE: Strange ATX behavior

Bradburn, Michael Michael.Bradburn@hp.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:12:43 -0500

Time to use it that warranty.  This is signs of tranny failure.  Does it have
problems finding the up shifts as well?  If so, it may just be a VSS.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Thompson [mailto:srfdude@cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 10:18 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Cc: TechSHO@topica.com
Subject: Strange ATX behavior

My fairly new '95 ATX doesn't seem to shift into OD until 10-15 miles/minutes
after driving somewhat sedately down the freeway, first time of the day.  The
engine temp has long since stabilized, outside air temp ~70, what controls
this final shift?  Does it take this long for the tranny to come to temp?
Also, the kickdown at lower speeds (40-60) seems to leave a lot to be desired,
first a pause, then high engine revs, then a kick in the butt.  I still have 3
mos. left on my ext. warranty; is it time to use it, or will Ford tell me this
is normal?
Mike

This email was sent to: michael.bradburn@hp.com