[Shotimes] RE: Snow tires

Christian Andretta passport@optonline.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:43:52 -0400

Have you taken a look at the Tire Rack recently?   I got the winter catalog
in the mail the other day.  The WS-50 in 215/60/16 for the Gen III was the
same price as an H rated Dunlop (I think it was a Dunlop.  Also the Dunlop
Graspic DS-1 (Q rated)looks like an excellent performing snow tire for the
money.  Unfortunately I just threw out the catalog so I can't be 100 percent
sure with the models but I think you should do some more digging.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul L Fisher [mailto:sho@paul-fisher.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 5:36 PM
To: V8SHO; SHOTimes; TechSHO
Subject: Snow tires

It might snow tonight and I really need to get my snow tires ordered.

I have narrowed it down to the Blizzak WS-50's and the Michelin Arctic
Alpin.

Anyone on the list have experience with either?

I have the Blizzak's on my Saturn and I'd rather have better handling, will
the Michelins do that for me? They are both Q-rated.

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 166K Build date 11/18/1992
- K&N Panel filter, Tokico Struts, Eibach Springs, Dynomax cat-back, Holley
190lph fuel pump, FPS rebuilt ATX, 26mm rear sway bar, Performance-Plus
Stainless Steel Y-pipe, Delrin sub-frame bushings, Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
oil, Amsoil Synthetic ATF.
'00 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L V8 AWD Oxford White Clearcoat 34K Build date
11/19/1999
- Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 oil, K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit
'96 Saturn SL2 Silver Plum 5 spd 123K
- Amsoil Synthetic ATF, K&N Panel Filter, Magnecor 7mm Electrosports 70
Ignition Cables

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm