[Shotimes] Changing strut mounts and bearings

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:33:21 -0700

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:47:29 -0500, Dave Kegel wrote:

>You can show me on my 13 year old, 13 salt filled
>winter driven, all metal parts fused together as one, '90 beater.

OK....here's what you do.  A few days before the convention starts, you take the wheel,
rotor, and caliper off the knuckle you want me to demonstrate with.  You have previously
collected a couple of gallons of used oil from your local SHO buddies (like the Johns and
the Marks and the Pauls, and the Dons) after they changed their engine oil.  You put it
in an old pot that is large enough to lower the knuckle down into after the above
mentioned parts are removed.  Then you let the whole thing soak for several days to allow
the oil to penetrate into all the crevices and bolt holes.  Then one day before you drive
it to Madison, you take the knuckle out of the oil, put a lot of rags under it, and let
it drain.

Then it will be ready, like it should have been all the time, if you had periodically
removed lubricated, cleaned, and tightened all the bolts down there to KEEP THEM FROM
RUSTING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

(I know, you didn't have it the whole time.....!)

LOL!!

...10% more property taxes give me rust free steering knuckles, sway bars, struts, etc.,
and low humidity to work on them......a great deal, it seems to me, since my patience is
deteriorating as I get old!!  And, the only earthquakes I have to deal with where I live
I create myself with a sledge hammer...see my post of 10/16 regarding the Giants to
Joseph Van Oss!

George and the Lowrider