[Shotimes] shift cables on a '90 MTX

Brian.K.Moore@bridge.bellsouth.com Brian.K.Moore@bridge.bellsouth.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:51:17 -0500

I am new to the list and new owner of a '90 MTX.  I already own
a '99 SHO (Ron Porter's old one) and am a member of the V8SHO
list.  I've been referred to this list for my particular question
and I hope it makes since.  I've been told I have a broken shift
cable.  Apparently there are two of them.  One runs along the
bottom of the vehicle, and the other is vertical and goes through
the fire wall.  This vertical cable has some sort of ball & socket
clip that has worn and no longer holds and limits my gears to only
3rd and 4th.  Is this a common problem?  Is there a fix other than
having to get a new cable from the dealer?  Thanks in advance.

Brian Moore
'99 Black 54k
'90 Red 126k