[Shotimes] OT Ford's Future Plans for 500 and performance cars

Kerby Haltom kerbyh@netzero.net
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:39:14 -0500

The 500 and the "Crosstrainer", now to be called the "Freestyle" are to be
built on a modified Volvo S80 platform.  Which is one reason they will be a
bit pricey.  It is apparently not a cheap platform to build.

And the next question is, why does Ford care what the aftermarket is
already making?  If they did, all of their cars would come with a small
block Chevy engine in it.

Kerby

At 01:40 AM 10/18/02 -0400, Tom Katana wrote:
>If I remember well, when they started talking about Ford 500, some big
>cheese from Ford said that it would be based on new Mondeo platform. William

Introducing NetZero Long Distance