[Shotimes] Damaged Alloy Rims (can they be fixed?)

Jeremy Grimm forge_monkey@hotmail.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:13:00 -0400

Hey guys, a quick question about rims

I have a set of 17 TSW EVO alloy rims on my 89 SHO. I recently let someone
else drive my carDumbest thing I could have ever doneBut regardless. They
were making a U-turn and managed to get the front right rim up against the
curb. No bending, no cracking, but the thing looks like crap now. The
outside edge of the rim is all chewed up. Now the EVO rim has since been
discontinued by TSW, so chances of me getting a replacement from them are
slim to none. So bearing that in mind, is there anyway to repair the damage?
Or am I SOL and need to just deal with it, or get 4 new rims of some sort?
(guess I could always go to those fancy slicers)

Thanks folks.

-Jeremy Grimm
89 Lt. Titanium SHO
65k Org miles
77mm MAF, Hyperformance Stage 1 cams,
High Flow Heads,
Hypertech underdrive pulleys,
155ltr/hr fuel pump, LPM,
Eibach springs, Tokico struts,
Hi-Flow Y-pipe, Dynomax Catback exhaust,
17" TSW EVO wheels, Bridgestone Potenza 225/45 ZR17s.

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!