[Shotimes] RE: Gen I vs. Gen II

Jim Ryan av8r567@optonline.net
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:41:40 -0700

Dave,

I agree with you - Fox body Mustangs are squared-off and a little ugly, but
I'd still rather have my Gen1 confused as a "4-door Mustang" instead of a
Gen2 confused as "mom and dad's car with fancy wheels."

James F. Ryan III
'91 Plus - white/mocha
formerly of Wayne, NJ
living in Long Beach, CA for the next month

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Dave Kegel
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 7:14 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] RE: Gen I vs. Gen II

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.  That is the exact problem with the Gen1s
(and remember, I have one).  They look a lot like the '87 -93 Mustang GTs
which A) are a dime a dozen, and B) are pretty ugly.  Very squared off and
boxy.  The Gen2 Taurus is a much more modern and aerodynamic design,
although I do think the wheelbase is a little short for the length of the
car.

On the Gen1s and Mustang GT, that lower rear valance is somewhat of a design
flaw.  It acts like a sail on both the SHO and GT, which is why the LX
Mustangs had a few more MPH top speed than the GT.

This is just my opinion, I really love them all.

Dave Kegel
red '90
white '93