[Shotimes] RE: Gen I vs. Gen II:::::was:Wizard of Codes::Fwd: flashing air bag light

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@cajunnet.com
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:15:15 -0500

First year (1966) was a 425 cubic inch engine. In 1968 the engine went to
the 455. Then in 1977 went to the 403 engine. In 1979 the engine was reduced
again to a 350 plus you could get a 350 diesel. Then in 1980 the 307 was
added to the option list. In 1981 engine size dropped further to a 252 V-6
with the 350 diesel and the 307 still available. In 1985 the V-6 was
dropped. In 1986 things got even smaller as the only engine was a 3.8 L V-6,
this was continued to the end in 1992. Good Toronado link:
http://encyclopedia.classicoldsmobile.com/toronado/index.html
.
.

> The first Toranado in '66 had a 427 CID which was later bumped to 455.
When
> GM downsized the  car in '77 the motor shrank to a 350.
>
> Caddy Eldos were much the same, except they offered a full 500 CID motor
> from '70 to '76.  Maybe that is the powertrain the Fiero guys lust after?
>
> Jim White - greensho@crown.net
>
> > You said; "so early in the FWD game".
> > How about the mass produced Toranados and Cadi from the 70s? 350 CID
FWD.