[Shotimes] Re: 76mm MAF with 19# injector calibration

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:14:44 -0400

Yep, We did 32 tests on the dyno in a single day with a Gen 1 and 10 runs
with My Gen 3

Tested  A factory Gen 1 and 2 MAF, A stock Gen 3 MAF, My GEN 3 MAF, C&L Mafs
different air filters, different LPMs, and even changed the Y pipe out with
the PP plus pipe.

Testing was done on a 91 Mocha, after a LONG day,  results were pretty
clear,  The C&L 76 and a 80 were tested, both had 2 sample tubes and it
caused the car to run in the area of 18-1 on the AF meter.. The LPM's were
just plain junk, it cost the car HP and TQ. The PP pipe was the single
largest gain for a bolt on Item.

Then we tested the Ford Mafs, the 80mm from the conti with the stock
electronics from the SHO were transferred into it and I think it was around
a 5-7 hp gain, the Stock GEN 3 added 1 more to that and Mine (gutted and
some flow bench work) added another 2.  AGAIN all were tested with the stock
electronics from the 91 SHO.  We also tested the K&N filter vs the S&B
filter, the S&B gave it 1 more HP over the k&N 1 hp gain.

On my Gen 3 my MAF also worked the best, and the S&B showed the same 1hp
gain. The C&L MAF while very nice to look at are not for the SHO, Lee needed
my code for my electronics and it is the same as the Cobra Mustang 99 and
up, so he sent me the sample tubes for that electronics box and it fell on
its face and leaned out so much both my meter in the car and the one at
NEDYNO were pegged lean. I still ran it just to see but as suspected it did
not do well at all..

Mark if your interested in borrowing My 3 gen MAF for testing you can, Mike
has it now on his LS testing it and a CAI I made for him. He hasn't dynode
yet but he said it "feel" like a huge different in the mid range area.

Kirk J Doucette
Stormtrooper
97 White