[Shotimes] Re: Changing strut mounts and bearings

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:16:09 -0700

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:55:24 -0700 (PDT), Peter Maggiacomo wrote:

> Will they work ok together?

Stock springs work well, if they aren't too worn.  Fronts seem to last longer than rears.
 Many folks here like to use Eibach or other slightly shorter springs, but I have found
that I like the handling, looks, and suspension travel if I use good stock front springs
with some slightly tougher rears, like from Moog or Napa.  You can get a set of excellent
load carrying rear springs that work good on the track from those two sources for about
80 or so bucks a set.

I do a lot of highway driving, and often carry very heavy loads in the trunk, and my Napa
rear springs....more or less the same as Moog Cargo Coils, have lasted fine for the last
two years or so.  My Tokikos are approaching 100k miles, and they are still doing just
fine, even if they are losing a tiny bit of the tightness that new ones have.  The car
still surprises me on the racetrack.

George and the Lowrider.....750 miles short of a quarter mil