[Shotimes] RE: Gen I vs. Gen II:::::was:Wizard of Codes::Fwd: flashing air bag light

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:32:17 -0700

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:16:53 -0400, David P wrote:

>That's not right. There's no way you should lose 7mpg because of the A/C. I
>lost only two miles at worst last year in upper 90's weather.

I agree.  When the Lowrider was going across Texas and New Mexico in 1999 on the way home
from Atlanta/Gainesville, cruising at 75 to 80 mph, it was getting about 31.5 mpg...plus
or minus a tenth or two.  This a/c was still the R-12 system, and wasn't as efficient,
but it was working, and it was 75 or so inside, with 110 outside.  I was convoying with
one fellow going to AZ, and he also got that mpg...the first time for him, and he was
amazed.

George