[Shotimes] Re: High Idle

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:42:30 -0700

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:55:44 -0400, Leigh Smith wrote:

>My 240k 89 "Silver Bullet" does exactly the same thing. Sometimes idles
>at 1500 & sometimes not. Wonder if anyone ever figured this one out?

If I wasn't so cheap, I'd put a new IAB on it to see what would happen.  It has only done
this with the 5 dollar one I got at the yard.  I can't imagine what would cause the
computer to do what it is doing....    Thinking back, it did this with a different (the
original) IAB a while back...a few years.  I cleaned it and it got better for a while,
then went totally bad, and I put this one on.

....'course...I do have a few other working IABs around on other cars, including one new
one.

Just lazy, and BURIED with Honeydos regarding the new house......If I ever DO swap them,
I'll let you know.

George