[Shotimes] OT 90 Caprice

Chip blackjag91@yahoo.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:15:28 -0700 (PDT)

The Impala name was dropped in '85 - the best you could do if that's what you wanted after that was get a Caprice with NO options  :^D  IIRC the only external differences in the Impala/Caprice from the late '70s through '85 was the Impala had a more open grille, taillights closer together, and no hood ornament.  Kinda silly to make 2 seperate but nearly identical models anyway.  Then there was the "real" Impala (SS) from '94-'96, although even then a Caprice could be had with the same stuff.  Now we have the "imposter" (and goofy-looking) Impala since '00.  Geez - they could at least supercharge the 3800 and offer an SS version  :^o
BTW - the Caprice has (well, had) been made since '66.

 Michael S Wojton <Mike.Wojton@owens-ill.com> wrote:The Impala name was dropped in the early 90's I think. Only Caprices
were produced. Of course, they were the same car pretty much anyways.
The Impala name didn't come back until the Impala SS in '94 (I think).

Mike Wojton