[Shotimes] SHO has lost power, mild vibration

Floyd E. Vasquez fvasquez@vbnmedia.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:32:50 -0600

Hello all,

I  recently replaced my Camshaft Position Sensor. SHO performed like usual for
approximately 24 hours. Then, I started it up and drove off and noticed a
distinct lack of power, particularly at low speed. It sounds like the car is
missing, putt-putting like a piece of crap, and there is a strange mild
vibration in the steering wheel when the engine is in the 2800-3200 rpm zone.
Codes say 542 and 565 (Fuel pump secondary circuit failure and CANP solenoid
circuit failure). I've inspected the engine compartment carefully looking for
possible loose connections, etc. but to no avail. No smell of fuel in engine
compartment. Runs fine at freeway speed. I haven't pushed it, but the fact
that the car will travel at freeway speeds, and the fuel pump has never
protested (whining) give me hope the fuel pump isn't toast. 92 MTX, 120K, no
60K yet, no mods.

Any ideas?

http://swclassics.com/nmshoclub/