[Shotimes] RE: Gen I vs. Gen II:::::was:Wizard of Codes::Fwd: flashing air bag light

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:11:19 -0400

I have found that this is more a function of a 4-door versus a 2-door. Even
modern 2-dooor cars with the longer door are better. 4-doors are a pain
because the B-pillar is right next to your head.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 10:19 AM
To: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Cc: `V6 SHOtimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] RE: Gen I vs. Gen II:::::was:Wizard of
Codes::Fwd: flashing air bag light

Plus today's cars are NOT designed to run with windows down.
  The wind drums on your ears and head and it isn't pleasant
in most new cars.

Get in any 50's and 60's car and roll down the windows and
you get lots of beneficial air flow, but none of the beating
you take in a new car!

And no, I don't think the old cars were that bad
aerodynamically.  My 66 GP is quieter at speed than my 97
SHO!  Air that is disturbed is noisy air.

Don Mallinson