[Shotimes] Heater Core ?s.

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 06:47:36 -0700

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 07:15:01 -0500, Steve Weinrich wrote:

>The 113.99 is for the condensor that George suggested be replaced.  The core
>is 20 buchks as you noted.

Maybe a bit of confusion here regarding terminology.  The condensor goes in front of the
radiator.  That's bigger, and might be over 100 bucks new.  I got a good used one from a
yard for 25 bucks.  I'm positive I paid less than 50 bucks for the new evaporator, which
goes in the heater plenum adjacent to the heater core, in the '89 (Happy 2, aka Greased
Lightning) that got the heater and a/c repairs (it also got the used condensor).  I don't
know what a new condensor costs, but it certainly could be over 100 bucks.

That might explain the higher price mentioned here.

George