[Shotimes] Windshield Wipers

Jim Ryan av8r567@optonline.net
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:03:08 -0700

Mike,

I've go to agree with Don on this one.  I've been living and working here in
Long Beach (about 30 minutes north of San Diego) for about a month and I
have yet to see the sun since I left the east coast.

UPDATE:
Friday 10/25 - It was cold and rained in the afternoon and into the evening.
Where were you, Mike?  Southern CA drivers don't go faster than 10mph when
it rains.  I guess they're trying to figure out how to operate their
winshield wipers.  Do me a favor and don't come to the northeast.  We have
rain, snow, and ice and you guys wouldn't have a clue.

Saturday 10/26 - The SUN!!!!  And BLUE sky!!!!  And the SUN!!!!  I remember
these!!!!  It's all coming back to me!!!!  However, tomorrow will probably
be dreary and gray just like it's been for the past month.

Why are all of the roads in CA called "free"ways?  Aren't all of your roads
"free"?  Do you guys have any "toll" roads?  Back in NJ we have 2 "toll"
roads and all of the non-toll roads are called "high"ways.  Seems to me like
NJ should use "toll roads" and "freeways" and CA should use "highways".
BUT, if you've ever been on the 405 during rush hour....no "high" speed
travel going on there.  On second thought, better stick with "free"ways - at
least you can guarantee that.

Also, why are all of the non-freeway roads called "surface streets"?  Aren't
all roads built on the surface of the earth?  Again, back in NJ we call them
"side streets" or "local roads".

James F. Ryan III
'91 Plus - white/mocha
formerly of Wayne, NJ
living in Long Beach, CA for the next month