[Shotimes] no power seats or door locks

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:41:44 -0500

Is the seat motor making noise? Are you still at the gas station?

:(

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Justin Schick
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 10:29 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net; TechSHO@topica.com
Subject: [Shotimes] no power seats or door locks

Hey list,

This morning I was trying to clean junk out from under the seats and ran
across a problem. I moved the passenger seat all the way forward. It
momentarily stopped then kept going. When I went to put it back it
wouldn't budge. Neither would the driver's seat - thankfully I hadn't
moved it forward yet. While at the gas station (under the big roof
avoiding the rain) I read the owner's manual and it tells me to check
fuse #14. It's one of the fat metal covered ones, but I find the thin
plastic replacement fuse fits just fine. Swap it out and no help.

Now, the manual says "windows, door locks and seats" for that fuse. My
windows still work but the latter two are dead. It's obviously not the
fuse - could it be a shorted wire under the passenger seat or something?

Justin Schick - '92 SHO cruising around KC MO
SHOTimes list info: http://www.shotimes.com/SHO1.html