[Shotimes] OT- 2.5L V6

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:29:18 -0500

Yes, it's a very nice motor. We had one in a 626 that we owned for 3 years.

Biggest issue for you is that it's too small for a Millennia, the car will
be underpowered.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of J Hodge
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 3:47 PM
To: shotimes
Subject: [Shotimes] OT- 2.5L V6

I thought maybe you Ford folks might have some advice for me.  My wife
and I are looking at a used Mazda Millenia.  It has the 2.5 V6.  Is this the
same motor that's in the Contour, Probe, and 626?

If anyone is familiar with this motor I'd like to know the general opinion
on
it regarding longevity, ease of maintenance, chronic problems, etc.  I do
all mechanical work on my cars and try to stick with cars that I feel good
about under the hood.  Any knowledge of the transmission's reputation
would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Jeff