[Shotimes] Thinking of buying a SC

Matt Mullis svtmatty@bellsouth.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:51:29 -0600

hey, I'm thinking about turning to the darkside. I've found a rather clean
low-mile T-bird Supercoupe at a local dealer. The car appears to be pretty
clean and only has 67K original miles. Not shabby for a 1990! My 1990 SHO has
over 122K. I was planning on buying this car so I could use it for a daily
driver while I gut my SHO for racing. From everything I've seen though the SC
seems to be a much more powerful car. I've seen "kits" in the $1500 range that
promise over 400lb/ft torque at the wheels. If this is true than it would
easily kill my poor SHO.  Any advice on these cars? Things to look for?
Questions to ask? Now comes the hard part... Anyone interested in a 1990 SHO.
Details follow:

1990 Taurus SHO
Manual transmission <new rebuild >1K miles>
Centerforce Stage 2 clutch
all aluminum subframe bushings
K&N panel filter  <throw in a free conical filter also>
Walker high flow cat back exhaust
rod shifter conversion
ZEX N2O system <less than 6 months old>
2 almost new front tires  <Vipers, I think>
122K miles
Located in Birmingham, AL

This car is really clean, with the exception of a few things. It looks much
nicer than any other 1990 model I've seen. The car has always seen Mobil 1
synthetic oil since it's been in my care. I believe the PO also used it. To
the best of my knowledge all performance work and service work was done by
Doug Leiws. I believe this, because I have every receipt on this car from
about 20K miles. The PO was a stickler for quality and maintaince. He sold me
this car for a down payment on his third Porsche. What a dork. I'm not real
sure what the value of this car is with the modifications, but I know what I
paid for it and how much I spent replacing the transmission, axles, clutch,
tires, and N20. Also the car was sold to me with a brand new sound system. PO
removed everything, but original amp and EQ. He then took me over to Hoopers
and had a brand new Kenwood CD player and Alpine speakers installed for free.
He was a super-cool single attorney who was happy to be selling his SHO to a
car nut. I'm only about 80% interested in selling this car because I love it
so much. If someone were to offer me what I'm thinking I could buy  the SC and
have a little left over to perform any work that would need on it. First thing
first. Anyone interested in this car? I would even be willing to deliver for
just the cost of airfare home if someone wanted it. Thanks for your time.

"Turbo" Matty P