[Shotimes] no power seats or door locks

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:43:27 -0600

The fuse I put in place of the circuit breaker has not blown yet. What gets me is the windows and moonroof work, but the seats and door locks don't. I'm assuming something got unplugged / cut when I put the seat forward. I'm gonna check every fuse (both in the fuse panel and the engine bay) but will most likely be pulling the passenger seat out to fix this...

Justin Schick - '92 SHO cruising around KC MO
SHOTimes list info: http://www.shotimes.com/SHO1.html

>>> Steve Weinrich <stevwein@swbell.net> 10/27/02 09:54AM >>>
If the fuse was not blown, It's more likely an OPEN wire.  Shorts are
usually what causes fuses to blow.

Check the lumbar and bolster controls on the pass seat.  They run off the
same power.  Check the same on the driver's side.  If only the pass seat is
affected, you know where to troubleshoot.  Power to the whole seat asembly
is via a 2 wire power cable.  One is ground, the other is battery power at
all times.

Steve