[Shotimes] Check Engine Light

Tony Fratzke tfratzke@southviewdesign.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:12:11 -0600

It seems like if you sensors are old and get messed around with (light
unplugging them when you remove the Y-Pipe, they start to throw codes.
Mine have done this in the past, and new sensors got rid of the codes.
Get the codes and they you can better tell for sure.

Tony 93 ATX

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Urbain, Michael H.
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 2:57 PM
To: 'shotimes@autox.team.net'
Subject: [Shotimes] Check Engine Light

Listers

Need some advice.
My car is a '92 with 145K miles.  I'm the sole owner and the car has
been
running great.  Just installed a SHOSHOP Y-pipe over the weekend and now
my
Check Engine Light is coming on.  It comes on usually several minutes
after
I've started her up and driven a little bit.  Sometimes goes off, then
comes
back on.  Meanwhile, the car isn't exhibiting any problems at all; it's
running smooth and strong.  Anybody have this happen?  Could the sensors
be
clogging or something?  Kinda weird...

Thanks!

Mike Urbain