[Shotimes] T-Bird Turbocoupe T5's and more!

Ron Nottingham nottingham@alltel.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:43:20 -0500

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of the T5's that came in the
Turbocoupes?  Specifically about the bellhousing pattern?  I was told it
would bolt up to 60-degree Ford V6 engines.  If that is the case, I have
found my next project!

I know those T5's aren't as strong as the 'Stang T5's (which aren't that
strong for a modded 302 :-), but with all the T5 stuff out there, could
these gearboxes be made to handle the output of a modified SHO engine?  By
modified, I am talking about twin turbos, 400hp and 350 to 375 lb-ft of
torque.  Is this even possible with the stock cams?  I don't want to get the
Stage cams, as I do not like using regrinds (heard too many horror stories
of regrinds).

My plans are to use 9.0:1 CR pistons (where are you boosted guys/gals
getting these slugs?), and all the other N/A tricks like larger MAF (or twin
MAF's), extrude honed, possibly big-bore butterflies and larger valves.

I also have a Q concerning LPM's...  I am thinking of using two MAF's (one
for each turbo, but one would be dumb and not send any "data" back), but the
one one that is sending info back would only send a signal back as to half
of the air being ingested by the engine.  Any way to modify this signal,
either by doubling the current, or by LPM?  Or would it be easier to put the
MAF after the turbos and before the throttle body?

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, and any input is definately
appreciated!

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO