[Shotimes] (OT) Supercoupes

Chip blackjag91@yahoo.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:41:35 -0800 (PST)

I've always heard the HG problem was a lot more pronounced on the FWD 3.8s (Taurus, Windstar...) and that the S/C was actually pretty durable.  I'd certainly LIKE to think it was beefed up a bit for forced induction   :^)
Another thing I remember reading,,,that the automatic SCs are actually quicker than the sticks.  A friend of mine has had the black Anniversary Edition SC since new (back in high school!) and not had any problems, although it is babied and has never been a daily driver...
 Ryan Staley <sulu16@attbi.com> wrote:
I'm curious if anyone knows anything about SC's. What's the best year? Are
there alot of mods out there for them? And what about that 3.8L V6...is the
head gasket problem serious with them? Any other weaknesses/pro's to them?

Thanks.

Ryan Staley
Totalled 97 TR
Pittsburgh, PA