[Shotimes] (OT) Supercoupes

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:36:10 -0500

When a car has a "lower rear end gear", that means that the gears are
numerically higher. Also, MTXs are usually geared lower than ATXs.

Lower rear-end gearing "generally" means that the car will be quicker, but
slower. It could be that the ATX SC likes higher gearing for it's torque to
work against.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Don McKinnon (AST)
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 7:32 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] (OT) Supercoupes

For a good write up on SC see http://www.sccoa.com/faq/faq.pdf

One thing I saw in the FAQ is that the Manuals had a lower rear end gear
than the Autos which would support Chips statement of the Auto's being
quicker than the sticks.  However a simple rear-end gear change would do
wonders for the manual.

Don McKinnon
95 MTX - White/Mocha 88k miles
Stage 1 Power Package with Stage 1cams