[Shotimes] Block heater

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:32:58 -0500 (EST)

I don't know the answer to your question but since I'm a busy body I'll
respond anyhow.

My personal experience is that when you put a block heater in, they usually
leak after a year or 2. You could get a heated dipstick which will work almost
as good. Another thing would be to put a good quality 0W30 oil in (Mobil 1 and
Amsoil sell them).

A even more temporary/cheaper alternative is put a drop light with a 100W
light bulb under the hood hooked up to a timer. Have the timer turn on 1-2
hours before you plan on starting the car.

Don't forget, you aren't trying to get the oil to 100 degrees, just to 30 or
above.

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 166K Build date 11/18/1992
- K&N Panel filter, Tokico Struts, Eibach Springs, Dynomax cat-back, Holley
190lph fuel pump, FPS rebuilt ATX, 26mm rear sway bar, Performance-Plus
Stainless Steel Y-pipe, Delrin sub-frame bushings, Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
oil, Amsoil Synthetic ATF.
'00 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L V8 AWD Oxford White Clearcoat 34K Build date
11/19/1999
- Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 oil, K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://www.paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm

Get $5 free from Paypal! https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=P3XEFFBFUFKN6