[Shotimes] 92 Alternator in 91

Mark Nunnally manunnal@netheaven.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:31:32 -0500

> Yes, there were some difference in 93 WRT the hub size of the pulley, but
it
> was still the 2 wire 90 amp alternator.  You should be able to swap
> alternators from any MTX up to '93.  In '94 they switched to a three wire
> 130 AMP unit, or something like that.  Besides the wiring, I think even
the
> brackets are slightly different.

    Wonder if there is a basic ball-park formula somewhere based on the size
of the alt in amps, and how much hp it takes to drive.  I know the WC teams
run the smallest alt they can at a given track to free up as much hp as
possible.  Run the big ones (140 amp or more) for the road courses, and
short tracks for the brake cooling fans, rear end cooler, etc, but run
smaller ones at the restrictor plate tracks (60-70 amp or so).

mark