[Shotimes] replacement headlights

Paul Nimz pnimz@V8SHO.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:33:10 -0600

I purchased a headlight for my '97 from this site for $82.50 delivered.
http://store.yahoo.com/dpstore/taurus2.html

Originally they sent me an Eagle Eye headlight.  I had one of these last year
and it was cracked on the top, didn't match the other OEM headlight WRT
interior color as it was silver vs. white, and yellowed in about 6 months
darker than the OEM +5 year old headlight.

I was disappointed to say the least so when Yahoo sent me a customer
satisfaction survey I let them know what I thought.  Yahoo sent a copy to the
store owner who contacted me wanting to know what was the matter. I told them
the Eagle Eye was a POS and that it was broken and I wanted a refund.  They
tried to get me to file a damage claim with UPS but the exterior box was in
great shape while the interior box had two holes in it.  Knowing what I do
about UPS this would have been a futile damage claim.  I also told the I did
not want the Eagle Eye brand.

They responded that the carry another brand that was the Toyota OEM
manufacturer and offered to send me one of these and arrange for pick-up of
the Eagle Eye light for no charge.  I accepted and received the headlight
today.  It matches the OEM almost exactly and appears to be a high quality
unit.  I am quite pleased.