[Shotimes] Taylor Spark Plug Wires

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:58:33 -0400

Carbon-impregnated "rope" will degrade over time, much like a slowly
deteriorating fuel pump will slowly drop power.

At least solid wire plug wires won't degrade. The insulation may degrade,
crack and allow misfires, but the basic core won't degrade like the "rope".

I wouldn't run the stock wires over 100K, even if the car seems to run OK.
To me, you might as well replace them along with the plugs.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of alfitz@alfitz.com
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 11:53 AM
To: _SHOTIMES II
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Taylor Spark Plug Wires

We personally know of one 91 SHO with 140K on the Taylor wires (250 K on the
SHO). I don't know how long they will last on the average though.

For you fortunate guys with 100K plus miles on your FoMoCo wires, great, BUT
are they performing as well as they did new? We have replaced FORD wires
that were seemingly working fine. No misses at all, yet when we put the new
wires on, either FORD or Taylor, the SHO felt like it had a new life.

We have replaced old Taylor wires and found no improvement with new ones.

Al Fitzgerald
http://www.alfitz.com
NEW & USED SHO PARTS
.
SHO PARTS REQUEST FORM:
http://www.alfitz.com/sho/parts-form.htm

WE ACCEPT MasterCard, Visa. and Discovery
NOTE: When replying to this email, please use your 'REPLY' button to include
the original message.