[Shotimes] Re: AC Clutch

Kirk Doucette Kirk.doucette@verizon.net
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 22:13:19 -0400

Ill give the pliers a try. But I beat the hell out of it with a panel popper
and a baby sledge.   Maybe this is an isolated case?

Kirk J Doucette
NESHOC President
Stormtrooper-97 White

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of fwhittle@mindspring.com
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 11:01 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: AC Clutch

I just replaced mine yesterday.  Just use 2 screwdrivers and pry the old
clutch/hub off if you're replacing the pulley as well.  As for the pulley,
after I removed the snap ring, it wouldn't slide off on its own, so I tapped
the face of the pulley with a hammer, and it wiggled right off.  The real
problem was when I reinstalled the clutch/hub with 2 shims to check the gap.
There was no gap, and I had a heck of a time getting the clutch back off to
put more shims in.  I had good luck using the snap ring pliers against the
threads in the center of the clutch to pull/wiggle it out.

Frank Whittle
'95 ATX