[Shotimes] emissions and massachusetts

sho2go srfdude@cox.net
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 23:17:24 -0700

Well I don't know about MA but in CA you can pay the smog tester his normal
fee and get a check that isn't on the state computer.  If you are really
worried, maybe your friendly checker will do that, for the normal fee.  Of
course if you pass, tough, you probably have to pay again, and get it
redone.
Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Silver Sleeper" <silversleepersho@yahoo.com>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 11:07 PM
Subject: [Shotimes] emissions and massachusetts

> well guys,  back in march i failed my emissions inspection,  everything
was off the chart,  but i knew it would be...  took me a bit to gather o2
sensor money into one spot.

> well,  its been beyond 60 days since that inspection,  and the car has sat
for a while,  being driven up to temp occasionally and kept with a full tank
of gas.  All the time,  just riding my bike to and from work every day [work
= 3 mile bike ride]

> to make a long story short,  im replacing the o2 sensors tommorow and im
going to attempt another inspection...  ive been reading that if i fail a
second time, my registration may be suspended at the registry?  im afraid i
dont know how this works,    cant i just keep getting it inspected until it
passes?  or am i pretty much screwed? [for lack of a better phrase]

> if my registration gets suspended in this manner... how would i go about
UN-suspending it?

> im freaking out fairly bad right now,  as im moving across country in less
than a month,  any help will be greatly appreciated.