[Shotimes] Re: Gen III SFBs

Steve Weinrich stevwein@swbell.net
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 07:05:17 -0500

Grind 'em down.

Do not use the washers that would ordinarily go directly under the bolt head.
The Gen III SFB is cupped and there is no flat surface for the washer to rest
against.  If you use them, they will cave in and you will not get a real
torque setting for the bolt's retention of the SFB itself.

I could not find a real torque value in the Helms, so I used 100 lb-ft.

Steve
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Thompson
  To: shotimes@autox.team.net
  Cc: TechSHO@topica.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 12:53 AM
  Subject: Gen III SFBs

  Got my new SFBs; looks like the plastic tabs can be ground down rather than
notch the SF.  Does anyone know whether the washers on top of the OEM bushings
can/should be used with the Gen III's?  Also, not having a Helms for the later
models, what is the torque for the bushing bolts?
  Thanks,
  Mike
This email was sent to: stevwein@swbell.net