[Shotimes] alignment question

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:16:51 -0400

There are the specs listed on the SHOtimes FAQ, but I have found that the
Hunter machines have the right stock specs available (I have taken the
printed specs from SHOtimes and V8SHO with me). Doesn't matter, as I go for
more negative camber anyway.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Neno Albert
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 6:08 PM
To: matt S; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] alignment question

Matt

It's extremely easy to get ripped off when it comes to alignments, so look
for indications of
altered specs (which you can just punch in and make everything look as if it
were in spec). Normal
indications of such would be the obvious for altered specs. I'd suggest
getting the specs from
Ford if possible or another listee who has them available. I believe the
Taurus specs for the toe
would be more around .05" per each side and a total toe of .10". A .10"
difference between the two
sides isn't extremely, but doesn't sound right to me. Normally, a alignment
tech will adjust the
measurements for a good printout before he/she will adjust for the final
setting. This is a common
trick in the book mainly for TOE adjustments. The reason behind this is the
when tightening the
jamb nuts, the toe will usually move .01-.03" from where it was, but This
isn't a big deal at
all... As long as total toe is in spec. That's the key.

Hope this helps some

Neno