[Shotimes] RE: turkey baster technique

Jonathon Beisler JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:27:22 -0400

I have used that technique several times in the past and was using cheapo off the shelf type F when doing so.  After Kirk gave me the heart warming news, I too decided what the heck and flushed the entire system last night and filled it with  Valvoline MaxLife Power Steering Fluid.  The steering feel was much better right off the bat last night so I am going to flush again this weekend because I saw that there is still some pink type F floating through.  I'm considering using the Lucas stuff since it has been recommended here on the list twice and hey, it's twice as expensive as the MaxLife and so it's got to be better!  I was doing the slow "flush" with the turkey baster because I was too lazy to flush the whole system.  But that was pretty easy too.  I tried to get the hose off the cooler in front of the radiator but it wouldn't budge.  Ended up taking the return hose off the reservoir and doing it that way.  All I can say is wow! what a difference.  I obviously didn't get all the junk out when I replaced the pump this spring and that was original junk because the prior owner did ZERO PM.  So, long story short, maybe I'll have Steve's luck.
Thanks again all! JB