[Shotimes] RE: Hard Rubber Trim

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:34:00 -0500

I have the suspicion that all of these plastic/rubber products are probably
basically the same chemical solution. The Mother's does a nice shine on the
paint if you get some on it....and it's hard to wipe off.

I haven't used Armor All in ages. The only Armor All I use is the Tire Foam,
and I trade off with "No Touch" Tire Foam (whichever is on sale). I have
friends that swear by the Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gloss (the grape-smelling
liquid), that supposedly lasts for weeks. Well, I guess it does if you don't
wash the car, or the tires don't get dirty, it probably works fine. I find
that it is messy to apply, and I would rather spend 2 minutes hitting the
tires with the Tire Foam after each wash. Plus, in living off a stretch of
dirt road, I have to clean the tires on every wash, so any long-lasting tire
treatment will get scrubbed off, anyway.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of bobsteig@att.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 1:00 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] RE: Hard Rubber Trim

I've had very good success with '303 Aerospace'. Not only does it really
spruce up the rubber trim and weather stripping, it is also good for vinyl,
hard and soft plastic, and it imparts a nice low key luster to tires.  I use

it under the hood as well. The look is less gaudy/shiny than armor-all,
looks
more like when the part was new. The claim is that there is no silicon in
it.
303 gets off all but the worst of the wax discoloration on rubber trim and
lasts fairly well in weather. Easy to apply, but don't let it sit on your
paint too long. Between applications you need only buff it up a bit to renew

the luster. (don't know about fungus fighting ability)

Best, Bob (BB-NYC '89)