[Shotimes] Starter woes

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:43:26 -0500

Hmmm I'm gonna have to try that for getting a new starter for my green
winter car. I bought a new reman starter at Advance Auto almost a year ago,
They have a lifetime warranty too. Hmmmm

Bruce Malachuk

94 Opal Frost MTX

93 Black ATX soon to be parts

93 Green MTX - black interior...a turd with wheels right now

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of James White
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 9:42 PM
To: sho2go; SHO Times list
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Starter woes

The good thing about AutoZone is their lifetime warranty.  Have used the
same warranty on BOTH SHOs!  Only bought one starter, but have over the last
several years have replaced each SHO at least twice.  Got a new Ford starter
that only lasted 10 months and the warranty was only 90 days.  Went to a
rebuild shop and he said that these weren't worth repairing.  Another shop
wanted $150 with only a 30 day warranty.

Also good it the fact that the AutoZone warranty works even if you are a
thousand miles away from home.

Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   282k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   267k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO