No brakes.....was: Re: [Shotimes] Pics of the SR72

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:10:10 -0600

One week after buying my new 90 SHO the brakes failed.  I was driving from
home to a morning business meeting nearby, when I approached a traffic light
the pedal went way down, with only a tiny bit of brake before the pedal
bottomed out.  I turned around and headed the the dealer, driving slowly and
being careful that nobody got too close in front of me.  I pulled up in the
service bay and told the service adviser what the problem was.  He wrote it
down and told me they would call me when they got it fixed.  I went back to
him and told him that he better put a sign on the car or something, or else
the kid that pulled cars around to the back would drive this one through the
side of their building.  He finally realized what I was saying and promised
he would give them proper warning.  It took them over a week to fix the car.
They never said exactly what was wrong but said they couldn't get the parts.
After I complained enough they finally took a part off of another car in
stock and fixed my car.