[Shotimes] Steering rack

DTNesbit@FTC-I.net DTNesbit@FTC-I.net
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:48:27 -0500

I have not replaced mine, but I have taken it out to replace inner tie rods.
You don't have to loosen or remove any subframe bolts.  I just followed
directions in Helm's and it came right out.  Hardest part is re-fastening the
fluid lines.  I had an impossible time getting those little O-rings to  fit on
the lines.  I got the parts from my local dealer.  I never could get the
fittings to tighen using the O-rings.  I think they are teflon.  So I figured
I would use teflon tape on the fittings.  It's been about 18 months since I
did this and no leaks so far.
    BTW it comes out the driver's side only.
David
94ATX & 91