[Shotimes] RE: 91 with intermittent airbag light, blinking 6

Eric Keller unterhausen@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:57:58 -0800 (PST)

Mine would do that occasionally.  First time was on a
long trip, that is annoying as all get out.  There is
an airbag sensor/black box of some kind right behind
the radiator underneath the emissions label.  I seem
to have cured the blinkys for good by cleaning up
underneath the bracket for that box.
Eric "idiot lights" Keller

From: "van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:25:14 -0600
Subject: [Shotimes] 91 with intermittent airbag light,
blinking 6

My 91 winter SHO occassionally shows a blinking airbag
light.  Happens
every
3-4 weeks, might be related to extremely low temps.
(Work with me
here,
George.)  Get out to run an errand, restart the car,
no light.

When it's on, it blinks 6 times ... pause ... 6 blinks
... pause ... 6
blinks ...   Is my 91 SHO the Beast, the Antichrist?

Anybody have a Gen1 Shop manual to look this up?  My
92 shop manual
doesn't
list any airbag codes that look like this.  Thanks.

Joseph van Oss