[Shotimes] 80mm MAF failure, ~$price? (HELP)

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:31:52 -0500

Memory is hazy here, but one of the 80mm MAFs out there has a straight
housing like the stock 55mm, and if that step-down ring is removed, it woks
on the stock airbox.

FWIW, I have the conical and the SS Can on mine, but the problem I see with
the K&N conical is that you need a Can or some other setup to get cold air
from the fenderwell. Given my druthers, a stock airbox with a K&N panel
should work just fine if it can still be used.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Bill Murray
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 7:06 PM
To: SHOTimes
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] 80mm MAF failure, ~$price? (HELP)

The 80mm is just like the 77mm, it has a "velocity stack" that is part
of the MAF body, and is what the cone filter bolts too.  There is no way
to remove it to get it to fit the stock airbox.  Also the 80mm is
plastic, which should help with heat soak, whereas the 75 is metal, as
well as the 77.

Bill Murray