[Shotimes] Semi OT: Vehicle History

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:08:08 -0500

CarFax will NOT show accident repair. However, as I understand, there is an
insurance company system that will show repairs against a VIN #. IIRC, Ryan
Dudek (when he was at Nationwide) and Ron Fleishman (another Nationwide rep)
had access to this stuff. The collision stuff was related to repairs against
a VIN (using parts ordered??), and CarFax is purely the legal stuff that
gets recorded against a title.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Bruce Malachuk
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 2:45 AM
To: 'Mark Kelley'; 'SHOtimes (Team.net)'; 'Paul Chapin'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Semi OT: Vehicle History

My 94 GL never showed the 2 wrecks it was involved in on Carfax. Both were
$4000+ of deer/car damage, both times it was fixed. But the carfax showed
clean.

Bruce Malachuk

94 Opal Frost MTX

93 Green MTX winter beater

93 Black ATX stripped for spare parts

95 Sliver Frost SE (SLO) waiting for it's AX4S SHO tranny