[Shotimes] black paint

bjshov8@comcast.net bjshov8@comcast.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:22:31 +0000

> When someone says that they won't work on it, they are really doing you a
> favor. Better than using your car as OTJ training. I had this when I wanted
> a better-than-factory black paint job on my '89 SHO.

Black is one of the tough ones.  I'm not a painter but I'm guessing it is because it shows flaws more than other colors.

Years ago my dad had a good painter working in his body shop, and I was rebuilding a 1968 Corvette that I wanted painted black.  Our painter refused to do it.  I settled on a dark gray metallic.  It came out good, and probably was a better color than black but at the time I wanted black.