[Shotimes] Oil data chart - additional info

Jeremy Brown jer5505@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:02:33 -0800 (PST)

Here's a virgin oil analysis taken from a oil-discussion BBS I frequent:

>From Blackstone Labs .. Report date 7/1/2003

Kendall GT1 10W-30 SL GF-3

Alum = 1
Iron = 1
Moly = 46
Silicon = 2
Sodium = 1
Calcium = 1716
Magnesium = 11
Phosphorus = 849
Zinc = 947

Water = 0
Insolubles = 0
TBN = 6.7
SUS @ 210 F = 61.0
Flash Point = 430

Jeremy

Ron Porter <ronporter@prodigy.net> wrote:
Kendall GT has been one of the "racing oil" favorites for years, and is one
of the preferred brand of the Porsche folks. It supposedly has a much higher
content of one additive (zinc, I believe) that is better for wear
characteristics. When you have oil-cooled engines, oil brands become more of
a heated topic!!