[Shotimes] RE: 22/25 Sway Bar Combination

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 01:39:29 -0500

Frankly, IMNSHO, folks who claim that they feel a 2mm bar change difference
on the street are the same folks that will swear that more intake noise
gives them more HP!!

I have a few constant-radius (man, that is unusual!!) off-ramps, and I never
felt a difference going from the stock bamboo sticks on my '95 to the 224/26
setup, nor did I feel a difference when I went from the stock 24/23 setup on
this '94 to the 24/26 setup. Yeah, the stiffer feel over bumps shows up, but
cornering gains just ain't there.

Both cars had Eibachs. The '95 with Konis/AL SFBs/H-brace, this '94 with
Tokicos/ SFCs/AL SFBs. Tires mattered more than anything.

The track difference may matter, as I'll find out at Thunderhill, but I
doubt that the street stuff will show the 24-to-22 difference.

24/26 worked fine on the stock '89-'90s, and it has worked on Gen 2s for me.
It will be no BFD for them to drop in the 22mm during the clutch job, so
we'll see.