[Shotimes] Clutch ponderings

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:17:41 -0500

GM Synchromesh fluid, or the Valvoline equivalent (that AZ sells) seems to
work very well in both brass & composite synchro boxes.

FWIW, I had a supposedly composite synchro '91 box that AF absolutely did
NOT work, but el cheapo 80w-90 gear oil worked great.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Carl Prochilo
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 7:01 PM
To: Chris "Zap"
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Clutch ponderings

Chris,  This topic comes up from time to time.  Your car probably has the
"paper" synchros, so something like Mobil One ATF is quite appropriate and
good.  I have this in my SHO and it shifts very well.  Three quarts should
do the trick.  If you don't already have this, get an MTX drain plug
installed.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo