[Shotimes] DIS DISconnecting

shewitt@hypercon.net shewitt@hypercon.net
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:44:30 -0600

Adam,

Typically, the DIS (and not the plugs) get broken when an
unfamiliar mechanic changes the clutch and allows the
engine to shift around during removal/reinstallation.

I beleive it is a relatively cheap part (~$30) used on
other Fords, so I would replace it first if you can.

I could see some wire ties doing a nice cobjob fix.  Or
maybe duct tape.  Between those two I could probably fix
just about any problem... MacGyver style.

Scot H
95 Red MTX - 68k
Lewiston, NY